Enter your email for a
Minnesota Math Corps
representative to contact you.
How do I apply?
Experience life-changing growth. Math tutors are urgently needed. Help students in local Minnesota communities learn the skills they need to succeed by serving 11 months as a math tutor. We're an AmeriCorps program, and our goal is to help all Minnesota youth become proficient in math by the end of eighth grade.
- Is Math Corps Right for You? Before you apply, we encourage you to review the document, “Is Math Corps Right for You?” to learn more about the positions, minimum qualifications, benefits and commitments we ask of Math Corps tutors.
- Online Application. The online Math Corps application will ask about your education and experience. It will also ask you to specify your interest in a position and location, including:
- Are you interested in an Elementary (grades 4-6) or Junior High (grades 7-8) setting?
- Are you interested in a part-time position or full-time position?
- In what city and/or school are you interested in serving (you can list up to three)?
- Phone Interview. Qualified candidates will be invited to participate in a 20-30 minute phone interview with Math Corps staff.
- Interview. Qualified candidates will be invited to participate in an interview for the position.
Positions are filled on a rolling basis. Early applicants will have more choice in where they are placed.
Positions begin in August 2015.
Apply to be a Tutor – Complete the 2015-16 Online Application
Minnesota Reading Corps and Minnesota Math Corps will not discriminate for or against any service member or applicant based on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, familial status, disability, sexual orientation, or age. Reasonable accommodations provided upon request. This document is available in alternative formats.